Battle of the Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raekwon said:
and this...

damn now im thinking i should take back the 9800 pro and get the 6800.. idk though.. thats 80 bucks more and I am not an extreme gamer but I am gonna p[lay games such as halflife2 and doom 3.... hmmm

Ropponmatsu said:
It's a large improvement, but there isn't even a game that has been announced yet that utilizes Shader 3.0, it's just there so developers can start developing games with 3.0 technology.

Although the new farcry patch does let you use it :)

but if you are going to buy the 6800 make sure its not the standard one get the GT or the Ultra if you have enough money :D

if you were comparing the x800 and the 6800 it would be harder to decide. although in this scenario i would still go with the 6800. ive heard of more problems with the x800 and it still doesnt support smartshader3.

the x800Pro vivo wins! its cheaper, has 12 pipe lines and just flash it to a XT PE and it will unlock 4 pipelines giving you 16 in total! its what i did 2 days ago!

Online stores are crap when it comes to new graphic cards.

Even the retails sell it for a better price.

Definately the 6800. The X800 Pro still has many driver problems, like Doom 3 where I get incredible lag at just 1024x768 on Ultra quality, and the 9800 Pro will start to show its age before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom