they're just....too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ha ha...no way...^^ im saying that SLI 512's score 1K more points (on my rig) than SLI 8800gt(s) :)
i just re-read my first post...it sounds like this is the 512 in my sig, but it is not. this is my second one, an ECS...sorry for the confusion.

in any event...lol no way im selling the case. worse case scenario, i sell the 5000 and 590, and buy an intel. i would keep the case and put the old old OLD AMD system in it and put it to folding. or, i still have my brisbane 3600, just need a mobo (i have multiples of everything else, lol). i can get one cheap, with o/b and put it to fold (can you fold with o/b graphics?). this case will never house anything but an AMD...to do otherwise would be blasphemous.
guru, your idea is interesting. i can wait for awhile. you think that chip at 3.8-4ghz is enough to keep BOTH cards from bottlenecking?
as far as testing games, i have tested crysis and GoW (both *ahem* unofficial copies, so i am not angry about lack of SLI support), COD4 (slight difference as i stated above), fuel of war (no support to my knowledge..maybe with the new patch that recently came out, i have it, but have not applied it yet...so no difference there), and i plan to test WiC, earned in blood, the patched version of FoW, BF2, BF2142, BFSF, BF1942 (and all expansions), FEAR, C&C, Blazing Angels 2 (should be a MARKED difference in this one), and any other games i have on the "supported" list from nvidia (lol i have 2 bookshelves full of games i cant remember them all...many of them a SINGLE 512 will max with 150+ frames) tommorow. couldn't do it today cos i got a usb bay panel that i had to install (PITA!!! i had to further mod the case cos the only BLACK usb panel i could find was for a 3.25 bay, not a 5.25....WTF?)to give me front USB ports and my rig is torn apart ATM.
v-dogg i am indeed thinking of buying a quad heh heh. i cant get the chip to stabilize much over 3.325 without cranking up the voltage, so that really is about it for the old 5000 BE. i can boot at 3.4, but it just dont like it.
my mobo is getting old, anyway. i've started to notice that it doesn't like the high ext clocks it used to (when i first got it, i could do 320+..which is basically...well, amazing :) ).
good ideas , gentlemen. any more?
maybe i should get a bigger monitor heh.

I hate to say it but q6600 + a 750i FTW D: or you could be original and get a 790x or 790fx and a Phenom 9850

2 things:
1}i have nvidia cards, need SLI.
2)i will NOT buy an evga mainboard (or anything else made by them). so unless someone else makes a rippin' 750i mobo, thats out. i know there are other makers, but not how they perform.
if i went phenom i would get a 9850 and a 780a.
thats certainly a consideration i am making. it is also 500 bucks worth of new gear. ouch.

Oh ya, forgot you wanted to use the SLI 8800gt!! I'm so dumb!!

so ya you could wait for the 45nm Phenom's then for AM3

yeah, 780a boards are very good, including for overclocking the CPU.
I think the 780a's sometimes have a bit better board design than earlier 790FX boards (since companies now have more experience with the AM2+ standards), though it'd depend on what one you get and whether the board manufacturer decided to cut corners.
though I think 790FX boards will go through a refresh with SB700/750 southbridges

I'm aiming for a 9850 BE (Dainius is reserving his one for me), and hopefully when I get my tax return I should be able to afford at least a couple of 4870's.
I should probably sell my 8800 GTS 320MB and 8800 GT, though.

i kinda wanna go back amd... just something about those colors...... i'm already rocking ATI again and have a bit of money i could spend.... apok, you still have the 3870's right? if you get some 4870's and sell the 3870's drop me a PM and i'll see what you want for them.

What do you have now? I'm waiting for my 24" Samsung 245T to come in, should arrive any day...am drooling with anticipation.

i have an acer x243w 24".
not...big...enough....lol.
ok i did a few more tests on COD4. when i uncap the frames in-game, i get 65-85 on average, everything maximum, one card. with SLI i get 125-145 on average.
sounds good to me.
i will test the other games if i ever quit playing COD4 lol...(new maps in the 1.6 patch...and it seems to have fixed that pesky iw3mp.exe problem, for me, anyway).
BTW, i just overclocked my processor to 3.3ghz using 276 x 12. which gives me a HT link of 1375mhz. dang. 1.4V.
trying to decide if i like it better like this or 206 x 16 (thats so BORING though, heh heh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom