no way to Overclock a Gateway ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
ok so I'm told my Bios is locked.

is there any way to reflash my bios? or anyway so I can get my CPU speed up a little bit ???

right now its a P4 2.5GHZ . I would love to be able to at least get 3.0 out of her...

... you cannot overclock it... you could use a potentially unsafe Software Overclock...

Look up Clockgen if you really dare.. (just keep a fire extinguisher right next to you when you do it though :))

so clockgen will "potentially" overclock my CPU ??

why is it such a bad idea to use any software overclocking device ?

what If I just do a mild overclock ? is it any more safe ?

I just installed a new HD2600xt 512 AGP video card.

What others ways Can I speed up the performance of my computer in order to get AoC running a little faster/smoother ?

would adding a PCI audio card free up some speed on my motherboard?

anything else I can do ?

the only thing you can do is get a faster cpu... but don't bother with your rig.. seriously, the only thing you could do is get a better gpu and even then it won't be much of a difference cause your cpu is bottlenecking.
clockgen will oc your cpu, but is extremely dangerous and you can't control all the settings and if they work/don't. and a mild or serious isn't safe.. just nto a good idea to use clockgen period...
you're just gonna have to accept the fact that your computer is as good as its gonna get without putting serious money into it.

dude I'm just trying to get the game up and running untill i can get my new build finished.

I'm sure there are SOME ways to increase performance untill then... I just gotta find em :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom