Post your Hard Drive Benchmark (HD Tach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
----------------------------------------------------------------

Another E-peen thread brought to you by gurusan!

Get HD-Tach here.
HdTach

Do the short (8mb) test and post your results.

Note: For those running Vista or Server 08, set the shortcut compatibility mode to Windows XP Sp2 or it won't run.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my cheapo Hitachi Deskstar 320gb 8mb 7200rpm drive. Did better than I expected, I plan to upgrade to a 640gb or 1TB drive soon though :D

82352582eo7.png

Dunno how bad or good that is, Does it matter if I was running a million applications when I tested?

The important numbers are average read, random access, and burst rate can be useful too.

Open applications don't really matter as long as they are completely idle. Obviously if they are accessing the drive then it will affect the benchmark.

Anyway your results look spot on for the drive's specs I think.

To note:

Average read: higher is better
burst: higher is better
Random access: lower is better

I got two drives so.....

cdrivect8.png

ddriveoo5.png

The first one is my windows drive, the second is my storage.

I think i did ok, im running folding @ home smp so that might make a difference.

Both the same drive, 8mb cache, i got jipped (thought i was buying a 32mb cache drives).

hdbenchtt7.jpg

not too bad. i'd like to see what it does in raid but i don't feel like formatting everything. such a nuissance.

woot my RAID 0 array pwns you all, got to go to work ill post pics later, burst is 222.6, sequential peaks at 140mbs average of 120, cpu is 2% and random access is 12.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom