STEP UP question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much for the card you'd be getting IMO (card + 300ish). I'd wait a couple weeks and step up to the gtx 260(+150ish) or gtx 280(+300ish).

I'm stepping up from my Gx2 to the gtx 280.

just an opinion though.

Firstly you need an eVGA or BFG card, so if you don't, then quit right now

then you must have registered it within 90 day usage, remember you will be paying MSRP of a 9800gx2 (that answers your question) but I recommend waiting a couple of weeks for the GTX 2xx series, if your Step Up lasts until then.. if not step up to a 9800gx2, sell it and then get the GTX 2xx

yeah ill wait it out then thanks guys!! btw my card is an evga :)

since the graphic cards are comin out soon, how much do u guys think the 9800 gtx and 9800gx2 is worth?

Well you can already get a 9800gtx for around $269, and after the new stuff comes out who knows how much the current card prices will drop to, I think you better sell em before it goes sub $200

Make sure you register the card within 30 DAYS of purchase. If you dont register the card in the first 30 days you miss out on both stepup and lifetime warranty. The way stepup works is that Evga credits you the price you paid for the card within 90 days. You pay shipping both ways to and from evga plus the difference in price.

i thought it was 90 days

"The EVGA Step-upâ„¢ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who are within 90 days of their original purchase date (based upon their invoice date). "-www.evga.com"

The stepup is 90 days, but you have to register the card within 30 days.

Hmm, after reading through it, i guess stepup doesnt seem to care when you register it or not. I still recommend registering in 30 days because if you dont stepup, you get the lifetime warranty, which IS 30 days.

All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom