RAM in = Monitor doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matteeee

Baseband Member
A couple hours ago i installed 2 PC2700 1 Gb RAM sticks in my computer.

It seemed to go okay,but when i turn on the computer the monitor is completely black, and doesnt show at all. I know that it gets power though.

Also when i took out the graphics cards cable to the screen, a message displayed at the monitor saying something like "No signal, check cable connections". But when i put it back in the monitor went to being all black again.

The computer speeds up well, but after a couple of seconds it sort of cools down and doesnt seem to do anything.

My specs:
Amd Athlon 2600+ (not sure)
3 Gb of RAM (2x PC2700, 1x PC3200)
1.92 GHz
ATI X1650 PRO AGP

Did you make sure the RAM was seated correctly? Double check to see if its in tightly or not. Also, is the RAM compatible with your motherboard? Do the speeds match up to what it's compatible with? Have you tried with just the 2 PC2700 sticks, and leave out the single PC3200 stick to see if it boots that way? Also try just single sticks at a time (1 PC2700 at a time, and then if one works, add your other PC3200 to see if it still works).

Did you make sure the RAM was seated correctly?
what?
Double check to see if its in tightly or not. Also, is the RAM compatible with your motherboard?
Should be. Ye pretty sure they're all DDR2.
Do the speeds match up to what it's compatible with?
Didn't understand sorry.
Have you tried with just the 2 PC2700 sticks, and leave out the single PC3200 stick to see if it boots that way? Also try just single sticks at a time (1 PC2700 at a time, and then if one works, add your other PC3200 to see if it still works).
Yep I have, didnt work.

None of them worked.

Was the ram placed in correctly?

Will your board support that speed of ram? I have a board that will use 667 an 800 DDR2 RAM but it will not use DDR2 533.

Just a quick over run on what carnage meant.

Just the one but sometimes the clips don't lock properly. It happens to us all an i build 3 machines a week an sometimes i still manage to do it.

Well im pretty sure they are, cause I've lots of times to take them out and put in again.

What make/model are the RAM chips, or do they say the MHz speed on the stick themselves? Also, whats the make/model of of your motherboard, to see if your board supports the RAM's speed.

I'd double check the RAM being inserted all the way. I've done it a few times myself even.

ram:
2x Infineon DDR(?) 333 CL2.5 32 Mx64
2x buffalo DDR2 333 CL2.5
1x PC3200 CL3 UDIMM

No idea what im posting but thats about what there said on the sticks

Mobo:
ASUS A7V600 (If thats the one)

From your mobo's spec page:

Memory 3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 3GB unbuffered non-ECC PC3200/PC2700/2100 DDR SDRAM memory

So from what I can tell, it looks like your mobo should support it.

So what I'd try is, if you can, find a computer that can take PC2700 RAM as well, and test it in that. If it fails to boot with just those sticks in, then I'd say those sticks are bad. Can you still boot with just your PC3200 stick in your computer? If it does, you could also try doing a BIOS update on your board.

Your mobo's spec page: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom