Sli dropping FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

modek

Beta member
I just recently bought a second 8800 gt from evga same type as the one i previously had and ran it in sli. When I loaded any game while using SLI my FPS dropped by about 20-30 and I cant figure out why. Im using a 780i evga motherboard which is the same brand as the video cards.

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N802-AR GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

650 watt power suply thats built for sli and the recommended for these cards in slie is 500 so i should be in the clear, But the thing is that i switched off sli and didn't uplug the card to test to see if i was really getting lower fps and it raised my fps when i unchecked the sli thing in nvidia control panel.

Try switching the cards around and see how one compares to the other one. Maybe you got a bad card?

im runnin the new card as the primary card with monitor plugged into it, so when i removed sli on it it ran fine, dunno.

Try other games and see what results you get, maybe it's just this particular game. Maybe upgrade the drivers if you haven't done so already. Maybe the sli bridge connector is bad?
Any heat issues?

I'm just throwing out suggestions since I really don't know what the problem is.

Well thnx for trying, ive tried a few games

Cod4
Age of Conan
Garry's Mod
Counter Strike

all gettting lower fps

my old vid card is running at 85-90c at load which i think really isny healthy but hasnt really locked up or given me any issues.

Something isnt configured correctly. I get nearly double the framerate with SLI enabled in AoC and CoD4. Not sure abot the other 2 games. I know i get a framerate drop with SLI turned on in WoW.

so far your 2 posts haven't been very productive SonOfRedmo0n. I suggest you stop throwing out your opinions without any backing for your own well being on the forums.

and to the OP you were able to run both cards and didn't have any problems with either correct? also try running each card in a different PCI-e slot. you might have a bad slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom