Not open for further replies.

StevenThehRo

Solid State Member
Ok, here we go.

This is what I'm working with:

System Model: VIA Technologies, Inc. KT600-8237
Processor: 2.15 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
HardDrive: 80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
RAM: 1.5g DDR2. 1gb stick and one 512 stick. One slot is still open.
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 A-LE
Sound: VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM)

And I want to run Age of Conan without lag. I don't so much want it high settings with perfection or anything. I just want the game to run decently. 15fps average works for me.

My mother board only supports AGP's..and I know there isn't too much out there nowadays for them. So, I came to you guys :).

Help me decide what I'm going to do..buy a new AGP card (the GeForce 7600 512DDR2 AGP has caught my eye, but your suggestions will help), get more RAM, and or w/e other upgrades I can get, or save up and buy a new computer (take much longer, and wont know what to do with my current one unless I sell it)

I just want the game to run decently. 15fps average works for me.

WHAT?!?! Do you know what a constant 15 fps is like? :eek:

Anyways.. the best AGP card is the Radeon HD3850 for about $150. 1.5gb is plenty for modern games.

If you have enough money I would recommend buying a new mobo/cpu/gpu.. pretty much a whole new computer. But idk what else to say without a price limit :)

Just by buying that graphics card you will notice a huge increase.. What you have is integrated and is not designed to play games. Once you buy a graphics card you will notice a HUGE increase in performance and for once you should be able to actually play games. :)

Well if you get the HD 3850 AGP, he'd have to worry about having his PSU being enough to run it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom