Video Card Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoD Player

Solid State Member
I am looking for a video card that's in my budget ($200) I found these two cards but I would like to know what are the difference and which would be best for me to buy for my Day Of Defeat and AA game. Here are the ones I found.

$119 - Radeon 9600 pro 256mb
$89 - Radeon 9600 pro 128mb
$115 - Radeon 9800 se 128mb

Now my question is, what does PRO, SE and ALL IN WONDER mean and which one would you get? If you guys know a different video card that's better than the ones I listed then please let me know.

Thanks in advace,
Jeff

I'm kinda in the same situation you are, my friend.
-I believe that the PRO series is a better version than the regular. Like the 9600PRO would be a better version of the 9600.
-The ALL IN WONDER is, I think, a video card and a TV card in one, maybe with other features.
-The SE...no clue.
-Now which one. I just asked a similar question in the multimedia forum, and I'm still waiting for an answer. I'll let you know when it's answered.

SE is cheapo bad, non-pro is decent, Pro is good and XT is best;)

I would rather get a 9800 Pro rather then any of those, or the 9800SE I think:confused:

the SE is the lowest of the ATI range, the best being the XT. The all in wonder is a special Tv card as well as a graphics card, so it would allow you to do video editing, that kind of thing. i would go for the 9800SE because its better than the 9600Pro and you could always overclock it to Pro or XT speeds if you wanted.

Yeah i bought a 9800 non pro and overclocked it to a pro so i would buy a pro and over clocked it to a XT simple bios flash and ur top of the line

I am going with ATI RADEON 9700 PRO only because I found a good deal on it. I will let you folks know how well it works when I get back from my trip.

yeah and when u get it flash the bios to a 9800 XT :-D very simple all u need si 2 3/12 floppys and the softwear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom