Q9450 Temperature Misreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I have a E8400 and just bought the q9450 for the heck of it! Guess what? The temperature sensors on this Yorkie are also way off. My mobo reports 67 C idle and Coretemp 50 c idle and Real temp 50 to 71 c. Could it be it's the 680i chipset? Anyone running another board wihtout this issue? BTW, for those who think the 8 multiplier on this chip is a big limiting factor...Not! I ran this chip to 3.6 ghz on only 1.36 Core volts and it ran 3Dmark06 at the same score (19,101) as the Wolfdale at 4.4 ghz. This chip is a monster overclocker and blazing fast stock!!! Highly recommended investment!!!

It could be the 680i. I think the 650/680i had issues supporting the new 45nm processors which is why nvidia released the 750/780i.

It could be the 680i. I think the 650/680i had issues supporting the new 45nm processors which is why nvidia released the 750/780i.

I have a 780i which I hate. Oveclockiing on that board is a nightmare. I'm thinking I'm going to buy a 750i. Which brand???? I'm really ****ed at Evga as I have bought like ten of their products. I wanted to RMA my 780i but I can't find the receipt (I bought it out of state retail) and they won't honor the warrenty....I'm thinking xfx or???

The evga 750i FTW is supposed to be the best. It's a non reference design which is better at overclocking and does not suffer from the video corruption issues like the other 750i's.

If you don't like evga I am not sure which of the other ones are good.

BTW, for those who think the 8 multiplier on this chip is a big limiting factor...Not!

I think the limiting factor would be more the mobo than the chip. I've heard they have low fsb walls. But hey if you have a board capable of 500+ than you shouldn't have to worry as long as the chip can hit that high

The evga 750i FTW is supposed to be the best. It's a non reference design which is better at overclocking and does not suffer from the video corruption issues like the other 750i's.

If you don't like evga I am not sure which of the other ones are good.

750i SLI FTW has the video corruption issue

Heh, read your first post and you listed "680i" was going to ask you how you managed to even boot the 9450 with a 680i. How much did you pay for the 9450? Main reason i stuck with the 6600 is the low multi, well that and i still have a 680.

Heh, read your first post and you listed "680i" was going to ask you how you managed to even boot the 9450 with a 680i. How much did you pay for the 9450? Main reason i stuck with the 6600 is the low multi, well that and i still have a 680.

Sorry for the late response as I have been away. I upgraded the the 680i to the lastest bios (P32, I believe) so that the board now supports the 45 nm cores. I paid $353 total (shipping and taxes). The 680i is the easiest oc board I have ever owened. I got the 780i for the future but as far as I'm concerned it's a POS. I'm kind of hoping that Intel produces it's own high end SLi board now that they have the rights to use Nvidia's arhcitecture because intel boards are OC monsters! Right now their Sli board is a server board for dual 45 nm xeon's and 64 gb of memory. That board has to rock!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom