new processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm ok, any idea howlong until the new cards? and i seriously dont know how to OC, id need a seriously patient person to go through it with me lol

Save your money for now until christmas time and get both the cpu and video card at the same time. For now you can learn how to overclock your current cpu.

I can tell you that the new cpu's should be coming out near christmas time, however it will be using a new socket type.

maybe 2 more weeks

just look for guides to overclock itis very easy

it is a bad idea to buy hardware when they are just released they are too expensive

dno who to listen to brinks or prototype haha, well i heard my processor (e2180) is rly rly easy to overclock and overclocks like a beast, but i rly dont wanna wait until christmas ; /

well will a good quad be able to run the new graphics cards that would be released this time next year? i know its a stupid question but someone might know :)

I would guess yes if overclocked, as long as its not some super high end card (but you never know).

Also overclocking is easy as long as you don't try to squeeze every last mhz out of the cpu. I overclocked my chip by simply raising the fsb a lot and upping the voltage a tiny bit.

If you can't wait, it's best to get the quad-core.

From my post earlier, I didn't mean for him to buy the new cpu's that will come out, if he does he'll need to replace alot of stuff. It's just that when the new stuff comes out, the older cpu's will drop in price even more and he says that's when he gets his new video card.

This is what you do, learn to overclock right now and gain experience for overclocking your new cpu later. Over clocking is really not that scary, there's enough satefy protection/indications on when you go high.

overclocking is like going to nursery for the first time ever you dont know what to expect xD, but seriously that all you do? howmuch you think ill be able to get out of my e2180, guru said wen we bought it OC it to 3ghz, that possible on air wen the stock is 2ghz?

brinks is correct

i would learn how to overclock the E2180 since it is a great overclocker and wait for the Q3 Intel Price Drop which Intel is discontinueing some 65nm and 45nm Quad and bringing new 45nm Quad. The Q6600 will be the only 65nm Quad in the market and it will be under $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom