Do i need a sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noniy

In Runtime
Im not sure if i need a sound card or not,
Because a few people i know said the motherboard im getting has a integrated sound card.

I am getting the EVGA NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI motherboard.

So does it have an integrated sound card?

I was orignally getting the Creative Labs X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Sound Card

And if the motherboard im getting has an intergrated sound card will it make a difference in sound with the sound card i was originally getting?

Please help me to the best of your Ability.
Thanks

On-Board is good enough. IMO i dont think u need one unless u hear music and watch movies frequently and like to hear everything in the background

well i do listen to music alot,

and in games will it make a difference, if im alredy getting a surround sound speaker system?

it all depends on how well you hear sounds. if you can pick out small differences and your picky about that then yes get a sound card if not and it doesnt bother you or you dont notice it then i think that it'll be fine. also it depends on what kinda surround sound your getting is it 5.1 or what? and you'll have to see what your Onboard supports if your getting something like that but x-240's from logitech has 2 sattelite speakers and one sub so its 2.1

so it all depends on what kinda surround sound you want. and if your picky about your sound. Go in the audio section of the forums for suggestions on actual speakers Ricanflow and EricB are good ones to talk to about that.

*edit* just took a look at your mobo's specs and it looks good to me for surround sound if your not a picky person on audio quality, generally onboard is good now a days. so you'll be alright with surround sound its 8 channels so theres not much it WONT work wiht. *edit*

ya my FPS in most games will be fine anyways with the rest of my system, but then should i just go without the sound card and see how it sounds in music and games, and if its not good enough sound add the sound card?

ya my FPS in most games will be fine anyways with the rest of my system, but then should i just go without the sound card and see how it sounds in music and games, and if its not good enough sound add the sound card?

you got it. if you dont like it upgrade it.

it all depends on how well you hear sounds. if you can pick out small differences and your picky about that then yes get a sound card if not and it doesnt bother you or you dont notice it then i think that it'll be fine. also it depends on what kinda surround sound your getting is it 5.1 or what? and you'll have to see what your Onboard supports if your getting something like that but x-240's from logitech has 2 sattelite speakers and one sub so its 2.1

so it all depends on what kinda surround sound you want. and if your picky about your sound. Go in the audio section of the forums for suggestions on actual speakers Ricanflow and EricB are good ones to talk to about that.

*edit* just took a look at your mobo's specs and it looks good to me for surround sound if your not a picky person on audio quality, generally onboard is good now a days. so you'll be alright with surround sound its 8 channels so theres not much it WONT work wiht. *edit*

My motherboard has an onboard 8 channel intergrated sound card

And the speaker im getting is Logitech X-530 Surround Sound which is a 5.1.

And actually im not quite sure if i can tell small differences in sound, but should i wait and get the sound card later, now or not at all?

after my system is build, I will just see it how it sounds with onboard; and if its not good enough ill upgrade to a sound card later on.

Well thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom