Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
What here should I upgrade?

HDD: 750 gb total space
RAM: 2 gigs
Video: Nvidia 8600 GT 1 GB memory
Processor: Intel dual core 1.8 ghz (2 cpu's)
Motherboard: Realtek (I don't know how to find exact specs of it from the computer)
400 watt PSU.

Does realtek even make motherboards?
What do you plan on doing with your system?

The things I might upgrade are the video card, processor or psu.

Does realtek even make motherboards?
What do you plan on doing with your system?

The things I might upgrade are the video card, processor or psu.

Whoops, nope. It's an Abit. Lg-95.

Gaming. Which would you reccomend first?

If it were me, I would first get a good psu > motherboard > cpu > video card.
For you, I think you should get a new Psu + Video card at the same time since you like to game.

Here's the problem that I see when looking at your system.

If you get a newer video card, the cpu might hold you back and your cpu can't be overclocked very will with your motherboard. Plus a 400 watt psu might be too low to handle the newer video card.

If you get a new psu it doesn't really help your games much.

If you get a new motherboard, you can maybe overclock your cpu better which should help games abit.

What here should I upgrade?

HDD: 750 gb total space
RAM: 2 gigs
Video: Nvidia 8600 GT 1 GB memory
Processor: Intel dual core 1.8 ghz (2 cpu's)
Motherboard: Realtek (I don't know how to find exact specs of it from the computer)
400 watt PSU.

well i think u have spent on the things which r of lesser importance than the other...
u gotto upgrade ur motherboard preferable intel (cuz ur processor is of same company) which supports core 2 duo or quad processor.............
motherboard like dg33fb is a good choice. after that if u have cash left then i suggest u go for the RAM since higher end motherboards of intel which suport core 2 duo and quad processors can support up to 8gb of ram there shouldn't be a problem i guess...

well i think u have spent on the things which r of lesser importance than the other...
u gotto upgrade ur motherboard preferable intel (cuz ur processor is of same company) which supports core 2 duo or quad processor.............
motherboard like dg33fb is a good choice. after that if u have cash left then i suggest u go for the RAM since higher end motherboards of intel which suport core 2 duo and quad processors can support up to 8gb of ram there shouldn't be a problem i guess...

That is so dumb, don't even listen to him.

If you want to overclock its pretty simple for small overclocks. I would explain it but every time i go to write something I'm not sure what level of computer skill you have so i don't want to stuff anything up.

Maybe someone can give a little run down on maybe a 2.6-2.8 overclock on a E2160? (guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom