so just HOW good are the new video cards going to be ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'oh I should have seen that coming..... never seen a percentage based graph for PC performance... but wow am I stupid...

but theres no way the GT 280 or 280 is double the speed of an HD3870

btw Gurusan how do you do the stick out Tongue emote

D'oh I should have seen that coming..... never seen a percentage based graph for PC performance... but wow am I stupid...

but theres no way the GT 280 or 280 is double the speed of an HD3870

btw Gurusan how do you do the stick out Tongue emote

I'm just hoping the prices on the 8800GTS drop a decent amount :)

dood the emote is right on the side over there... :p ( : p )

With these new cards coming out, should we expect to see a price drop in the 9600 GT? Im going to be building a computer in about 3 weeks or so.

So does Intel, maybe thats the reason why they aren't giving nVidia SLI capabilities in their boards
I think the reason Intel aren't giving SLI capabilities to Nvidia, is because Nvidia haven't opened their specs to it or given a license for it (basically, not necessarily because Intel doesn't want to, but because Nvidia haven't let them)
ATI licensed Intel to add crossfire support, I think before AMD acquired them.

yep you can't put a g80 and g92 GTS together... (but they can be different Clocks, and different Brands though)

but SLI scales more towards a lower clocked card

So if I get like an 8800GT superclocked and it is deactivated I can get a differnt 8800GT and SLI it?

So if I get like an 8800GT superclocked and it is deactivated I can get a differnt 8800GT and SLI it?

You misread that, because I said you can put two different clocked cards together and it scales to the lower clocked card...

No... thats still for the end of this month to early July

You CANNOT get a gtx 260 or GTX 280 for sub-$300, I don't think that even Radeon Card's will be $300 range, just get the GTS g92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom