Desktop vs. Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
My brother's birthday is in June 30. My mom is thinking of buying him a new computer because my two brothers has been sharing a computer (Pentium 4 desktop). But, my brother needs to add his current $300 and his birthday money to the computer and the missing money my mom will provide. They just received a 10% discount coupon for Circuit City because we bought my laptop in there. My mom wants to use the 10% discount but I told my brother that he should get a desktop.

What do you guys think he should get a laptop or desktop. He told me he is going to use it for gaming.

The big deference in Desktop vs. Laptop = price.

If you want a laptop for gaming you are going to spend alot of money. You could build a desktop cheaper and it would be easier to upgrade.

It is nice to have a mobile computer though.

id get a laptop if he isn't gaming
if he is then a desktop is obviously the best choice unless you want to pay threw the nose for a gaming laptop.

I forgot to say

if he picks a desktop, ill go to newegg.com and build it

if he picks a laptop, then we will go buy it from circuit city

Laptops now a days are way to expensive. I would say go with a desktop. You can find a pretty good desktop at circuit city.

if you get a desktop, compare the price and performance for circuit city and newegg. I would think that even deducting with the coupon for circuit city newegg would probably be cheaper and at the same time be a better pc.

game = desktop no doubt
unless you meant gaming as web java games
then lappy FTW! heh

unless CC has a nice monitor+comp bundle I'd still get it from egg
just because I can pick parts I want.
quality PSU for example? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom