Nvidia 5600 256 Meg Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
I have a 256 mb fx 5600, and it lags in Halo, Morrowind, and other games. The video aperture is set to 256mb. Any ideas?

thanks
:)
Al

im not sure about morrowind, but halo is a very intensive game. As the fx 5600 isnt one of the greatest cards available, it probably would lag. Do you have the chipset drivers installed? Maybe agp 8x isnt enabled?

do u mean Lag's your FPS, or laggs wen your online?

note- apature size deals with your system memory, not your gpu memory, googling it will prolly easly turn up more info.

u maybe trying to run those games at higher resolution then your system can handel... wats your system specs? wat resoluton do u run the games at?

sithspawn said:
im not sure about morrowind, but halo is a very intensive game. As the fx 5600 isnt one of the greatest cards available, it probably would lag. Do you have the chipset drivers installed? Maybe agp 8x isnt enabled?

Halo is NOT an intense game at all. It is about the most PC friendly game I have ever played.

Check for spyware, trojans and virus' and also close any unnecesary applications in the background.

The 5600 would lag in halo. my 5500 is oc'd to a 5600 and it still lags in halo at 1024x768. with a card like that its normal. Its a low budget to moderate card and halo would play much better with a 5700 or equivalent ati if you want higher resolutions.

I know the card sucks, but Athlon XP and FX series doesn't seem to mix well. My old 5900xt works better on a P4 2.2 Northwood over a XP 3200+. Infact, all my video cards (including 9800 Pro) works better on the P4 Northwood.

in morrowind try turning the viewing distance down, that will let your computer run it much better, because the card doesnt have to render as much. also try turning down shadows and things like that.

please don't double post...just a pet peave. anyways, so what you guys are saying is that intel is to nVidia and amd is to ATI? also, have you benchmarked your computer? i'm not to familiar with benchmarking but it probaly could be some other coulprate too...just an educated guess.

I have a FX 5600 (non-ultra) an Athlon XP 2400 and I get decent fps in-doors on Halo, I normally get close to 100-fps outdoors. On Doom 3 I tend to get below 30 fps, above in some area's. What kills the 5600 is that it just can't handle shaders as well as higher-end cards, if you really want bang for you buck. Nvidia is releasing it's new 6600's late september which have about half the performance of the 6800's but still probably better than the an ATI 9800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom