no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill nye the science guy!..

Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill!!

I still love that show, regaurdless its been quite a few years...

besides the fact your pulling #s outa your ass then working backward threw the equation..

for now, ill just ask u the easy ?'s to prove u are insane... ok, ok, u say the human body resistence is close to 0, then why dont u get shocked when u lick both your fingers and put them on both terminals of a 12v batt?

and for your stupid experiment... i hate to tell ya, but the current fora generator isnt deturmined by the size of your shoes(<-wow,lmao)

the rate of induction depends on the magnetic field strenth, how many fields u use around the armature, how fast your spinning the armature, and the amount of size/thicknes/type of stator u use. (and i can tell u that it doesnt take 50000v to jump 5cm, so i doubt very much u were producing 50000v) ... so u end up with a spark jumping from point A to B.. and i hate to burst your bubble again, but if u put your hand between those, the spark will jump back into air to reach point B. (im not shur if u realize or not, so ill tell u, that current take the path of least resistence... so were do u think it will go, threw air, or your stupid fat thick shoes?) now tell me u werent just pulling #s outa ur ass.

Sithspawn needs to chill, regardless of the fact of his math.

Without having to flex your brain muscle for everyone to see...

We encounter devices daily that have very low voltages, yet plenty of amps. A prime example is the battery-flash unit in a disposable camera. From just a little battery, you can loop up to one nasty shock. (Psst...that's why they say on the back "Do not open.")

Your standard 12volt power-supply can easly push out 30 amps or more.

Your typical low-end PSU can put out 20+ amps.

Anyway, the electrical discharge doesn't have to fry your fluids or blitz your nervous system to kill you. You'd be surprised how easy it is to stop your heart with an electrical contact. A major factor in electricution deaths is the fact that most people tend to get knocked unconscious when they get zapped good. If you're alone and your heart stops, or you stop breathing, yer toast.

As a last note, a 50,000 volt animal fence can wet your pants pretty good too. There's plenty of amps on that line (enough to enlighten a stupid cow...or a darwin-award seeker).

helpmeplease said:
well now, let's see. 8 replies, including 6 insults. Is that what this forum is about?
Thank you MicroBell for the only reply that was in any way useful.

Way to represent Tech-Forums guys. Good job.

*shrug*
ive proved my point. if you still dont understand just google anything. i know im right, so if your happy being igorant then be my guest....Or for a more fun way to test my theory you could just touch a 12v live wire while your barefoot and grounded and see what happens...

and my apologies to the originator of this post. while i still think it was a stupid thing to do - none of this has been directed towards you :p (i just really cant stand idiots who cant admit there wrong even when its been proven to them (nudge nudge jolancer))

i just really cant stand idiots who cant admit there wrong even when its been proven to them

well u'v proven 1 thing, your not realy a 3rd year college student, but rather a crazy homeless person using the internet at some cafe.

well anyhow, im glad its over, cause theres always that possibility of naive minds actually believing anything u posted could actually be correct. 1 of the few things worse then ignorance, false information.

and the fact u post your education level [suposidly] ,to try and make ppl believe u? *pitty*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
a thread should never have to go this way, but as i explained above, morally i couldnt let that information fly.

I vote for neuter on the first guy.

Jolancer your wrong..do any search for an answer on that topic.

If you took any kind of electronics class that is one of the first things they teach you. Amperage kills, not voltage. They have to, for safety reasons. So people (like you) dont kill themselves in class.

Take a class or join the neuter club.

You may want to read this

or this

or this one
The last one is a basic understanding on the laws of electrical current, focus on the section labeled "A note on the danger of electricity". Good luck understanding.

lol runkster you should have just let the thing die. The last post was on the 14th for god sakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom