upgrading ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastsystems

In Runtime
i have a crapy dell optiplex gx240 and i couldn't figure out wat kind of ram was in it and where can i get it from at the cheapest price??

Open your computer and pop out a stick of RAM (make sure it's off first!). The ram should have a label or sticker on it that says what type it is. Then your best bet on finding the cheapest price is probably going to be Newegg, Crucial.com, or from Dell. It's probably old DDR memory, so you may want to check eBay for some good deals.

Instead of disassembling your computer, you could right click on "My Computer" and select Properties (or do Windows logo + Break), and then go to the General tab. At the bottom, it should list your processor speed and RAM size.

I concur with surgeVel on the sites, but I wanted to also list Pricewatch.com as another site to look for memory.

One thing to be aware of is what your motherboard can handle - you don't want to pay a lot of money to get 8GB of RAM only to find out your motherboard can only handle 2GB!

He needs his RAM speed and type. Not size. I agree the memory maximum for his motherboard is probably 2GB given its age and most likely it uses DDR memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom