Another freezing PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfer

Solid State Member
My PC keeps freezing at random times. I'm out of clues at the moment. Here's the story: About 2 months ago I bought a new PC-case (Coolermaster stacker) put in my gear and all was running perfectly for a week, then the PC suddenly frooze while I was working on it. No blue screen, sound looping, display froozen, nothing else works except pressing the reset or the power button. After that the intervals got shorter and even booting up got problematic. Pressing the reset button didn't work either anymore. When starting up the HD's spinned up, the fans started and that was it, nothing else. One day, after I couldn't get it started at all, I took the whole PC apart and reassambled it. After a few misfires at start up it ran with only a few time freezing, until about a week ago, when the same problems accured again. Today, after installing a cross-flow fan, I had to reboot 6 times already, reset button still works though.
Anyone got a clue of what is happening?

This is the set-up:
Asus Mobo with AMD64 3200+ (CPU fitted with standard heatsink and fan)
Powerplant of 350Watt
2*corsair 512MB DDR
Asus V9900 (or something)
3 HD's 1*80+ 2*250SATA
Burner+DVD
SB audigy2 platinum pro
5 case fans + 1 cross-flow

I don't know hardly anything about power usage, but you do have a lot of drives.... could that be a problem? A friend of mine had a brown out because he had too many hard drives pulling power and I think he had a 350w PSU

5 drives (3 HDDs + 1 burner + DVD) + 5 or 6 fans (which aren't much I know).

Just wondering if that could be a problem...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom