Is this a safe OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melioz

Baseband Member
I am new to oc'ing and only have a few mins to type this before work so please bare with me.

Specs: Q9450
790i ultra evga mobo
9800gx2
ocz platinum 1333 ddr3 ram
Vista 64bit

Basically i have my q9450 (2.6 stock) at 3.5ghz 437.5X8 and prime is showing stable so far (few hours in). Temps under load 58 Max 38 idle on air In Realtemp. I got 18k+ on 3dmark06 and 12 second Super Pi 1M.

I left everything in bios default except For cpu core is at 1.3v and Fsb is at 1.3 also. And lastly i put my ram at the max manufactured voltage witch is 1.9 volts. I unlinked my ram and processor and did not over clock my ram at all. It is at its stock 1333 and 7-7-7-20 1.9v. One question is should they be so far from eachother when not linked and is linking them a good thing to do? I know little about adjusting the Spp/mcp And i think you only play with that when you oc your ram... right?

That is a pretty safe overclock for that chip, as long as everything is stable you should be fine.

It is best to leave your ram un-linked when OC.

Well i know the Cpu is stable, but the never ending annoyance with the 790i evga ultra still exists. Games still freeze while the sound skips and i have to do a hard restart. This is both at stock and oc. Its a huge problem with a lot of the evga 790i owners.

heh, im stuck at 1540FSB - 3.08Ghz atm, my mobo doesnt seem to like 1600FSB, though i think its something to do with the memory

Im gonna see if i can get mine to about 3.5Ghz after the exam, with VID 1.28V, since you could do it with 1.30 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom