got some of my wc stuff in, need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
I got the tdx uni in, sku tdxuniabs. I got in my radiator. And my pump and connectors for it all. How can i tell if the pump is 12 versus 18w? it doesent have any markings. Also, so is all i need left a resevoir, vga block, coolant, more tubing, and clamps? this came with white plastic clamps, are those ok?

edit: found a sticker (was in the box flap) that says this about the pump: liang ddc model number ddc-3.2 tpmp and a part number and serial number. Since its 3.2, i think thats 18w isnt it?

also, the barbs of the pump are smaller than the barbs of the tdx block. And the tubing is 3/8ths. So i will get the acetate top for the pump to make it 1/2. The res is 3/8ths also. Do i just get conversion barbs? Petra's Tech Shop

On regards to installation, i do not have a res, nor a fillport. They did give me a t fitting though, if that helps. How do i fill it then?

Ok, i realized i said that in a way that could be hard to understand. Ill try another stab at it

The block is 1/2, the size i want to have.
The pump and rad are both 3/8ths though. Would i just get these? Petra's Tech Shop

Also, for the pump, should i get one of these?
Petra's Tech Shop

Whats a t fitting adapter best used for?

If you can wait a while go for these barbs for everything you can.

Petra's Tech Shop

Some additional info would be nice.

What radiator, is your tdx a standard one or an MC-TDX.
The res is 3/8ths also.

On regards to installation, i do not have a res, nor a fillport.

WTF?!?! o_O

A T-fitting works like this.

T-Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please use some kind of instant messenger as I hate explaining things to people in forums. It's slow and annoying.

Ok, watercooling confuses me. :(

I am having a hard time understanding the point of a T-line, does it just get rid of the water bubbles?

It's a substitute to a Reservoir.

The length of tubing that goes vertical holds an amount of water and is used primarily for filling the loop and then once full allowing bubbles to work themselves out of the loop itself.

Bubbles float and thus float up into the t-line as they pass underneath.

It's a substitute to a Reservoir.

The length of tubing that goes vertical holds an amount of water and is used primarily for filling the loop and then once full allowing bubbles to work themselves out of the loop itself.

Bubbles float and thus float up into the t-line as they pass underneath.
I see.

But what if you accidentally move around your computer too much and the t-line turns upside down or anything, will something bad happen?

It is capped. If it turns completely upsidown you might get some air bubbles into you loop but that would happen with a reservoir as well and then it's simply a matter of letting them work themselves out, which usually doesn't take too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom