Am I even using my X-Fi soundcard??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer Support: Downloads

It took me to this page... I am downloading the beta driver that was released June2... its been 2006 since I updated this

Which one is the control console?
Download and install these in this order: (some might require restart)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Beta Driver
Creative Console Launcher Beta
Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 5.10.38

and download/install any of the others that might interest you.

well you guys have that figured out but disable your on board sound if it is not already done as it could conflict with it,

How do i go about disabling onboard sound? what is it under in the BIOS menu thingy =)

Well you have a Dell Bios.. so don't worry about screwing anything up because its almost impossible to do so with the limited options you are presented with.

When you first boot up your computer you should see some sort of DELL logo with something along the lines of "Press F10 To Boot To Bios" in the upper right hand corner (if not then don't worry)... Usually F10 is the button to get into the bios, but I'm not sure with your motherboard. I've seen F2 and F8 be used as well, but its always been a function key.

Once your inside just scroll through all the menus and look for some option about disabling on-board sound (which is probably realtek audio)

Simply disable it and you should be done. :D

lol, for some reason, every time some one asks me where something is in the bios i draw a blank, it will obviously be on one of the tabs, there will be something like onboard sound or integrated sound. Go to it, if its already disabled then fine but if it isn't disable it. It's fairly straight forward.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, the dial up stopped for some reason and i clicked refresh and it sent it again.

lol, for some reason, every time some one asks me where something is in the bios i draw a blank, it will obviously be on one of the tabs, there will be something like onboard sound or integrated sound. Go to it, if its already disabled then fine but if it isn't disable it. It fairly straight forward.

lol, for some reason, every time some one asks me where something is in the bios i draw a blank, it will obviously be on one of the tabs, there will be something like onboard sound or integrated sound. Go to it, if its already disabled then fine but if it isn't disable it. It fairly straight forward.
Hey, but it looks extremely scary for someone that has never used it before. It's also quite dangerous if you don't know what your doing. But with a DELL motherboard all of the "dangerous" options like overclocking and such are non-existent, so don't worry. :p

I remember the first time I got into my bios, I felt like some sort of hacker or something and whenever someone would pass bye and see that big old blue screen they would think I'm doing something amazing. :laughing:

haha np... i got it disabled successfully :)

I really need to figure out how to get in the advanced bios settings for overclocking my ram and stuff :<

haha np... i got it disabled successfully :)

I really need to figure out how to get in the advanced bios settings for overclocking my ram and stuff :<

You can't.. I haven't seen a single dell mobo with that ability.

You have to buy a "custom" motherboard like the Gigabyte DS3L. They are normally around ~$100. Don't worry about it, just wait until you decide to upgrade and worry about overclocking.

yep, i think every pre built no matter what brand have a no over clocking lock...i just found this out recently when i tried to over clock my parents pre built...really sucks eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom