Need help on my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick up the 512 version of the GTS like everyone suggested or since your willing to spend $300 you could grab the 9800GTX instead.
hes not gaming so whats the point of even getting an 8800gts 512 let alone a 9800gtx, just pick up an 8800gs.

hes not gaming so whats the point of even getting an 8800gts 512

For the price they are now, why wouldn't he? Buying a GS would just mean he'd have to upgrade sooner. And if he's planning to SLI in the future, an 8800GS wouldn't be a good choice SLI-wise.

Alright so today I went out and got a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme heatsink for my processor. The guy at the store told me I need to purchase a separate fan for it and suggested a 120mm fan at 1200 rpm made by S-Flex. He said this fan was very silent and would be good for cool temperatures. I am looking for a 4 pin fan that will have the best performance while keeping noise levels low and preferably with a blue LED. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Also I didn't want to use the thermal paste that came with my heatsink. I was either going to use Arctic Silver for $6 or my friend has some thermal grease that came with his Zalman CNPS9700 LED called "Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG1" [TWEAKNEWS] - ZALMAN ZM-STG1 SUPER THERMAL GREASE REVIEW - PAGE 1

Of the two, which do you think will give me better performance?

get tx-2 for your thermal paste, and the fan that the guy recommended is pretty much what everyone uses with it so get one of those.

^well yeah there are load of other fans but most good ones are plane black ones without leds...if you want you can just get a normal led fan (clear) but it would be kinda pointless because you just spent the money on the true so you should have a good fan instead or a mediocre, but you can just get a normal clear led fan if you like.

that fan will not connect to the mobo, im farly certain that you can buy adapters for 4 pin molex to 3 pin, that way it can be controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom