RAM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mak213, your topic on 32 vs. 64 is being very helpful. I actually went to this topic after posting this. Will I be able to do the reinstall without harming other programs, or will it have to be a completly fresh install?

Install what? Vista 64? You would probably be better served to back up all your data, create a 50ish gig partition for windows then install on that, so i fyou ever have to reinstall you only have to format the windows partition to get a clean install.

You can not upgrade from 32 Bit to 64 Bit at all. There is no way to do it. You will not be able to keep your stuff at all. Back it up and install 64 Bit. If you install 64 Bit on 32 Bit you only waste time and space.

Yes if you partition yoru drive you can then dual boot between 32 Bit and 64 Bit.

But your issue will come in after you transfer all your stuff over you will want to get rid of 32 Bit and then combine the drives right?

That will cause issues. ;)

If you install 64 Bit on another hard drive then i can help you clean up the 32 Bit and get that drive as a storage drive and keep the system booting no problem. ;)

Sorry Mak213 for the delayed reply, my 16-year-old son came to live with me this week so my life has been completely turned upside down.

My next question is XP64 or Vista? When I built my computer I made sure everything was Vista capable, but with all of the problems is it worth it?

With XP64, where could I locate that?

Hey, i can understand.

I would seriously suggest Vista for 64 Bit since more things are Vista 64 Bit compatible than XP X64.

As to where to get it that would all depend on your area. Guessing from what i can tell by your details you are in the USA. Can use NewEgg or TigerDirect.

Thanks Mak. When I do get the software, would you be willing to help with the partitioning and converting?

Thanks and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom