Elite Group 8800GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
So I'm looking at my new build, and by far the hardest thing to choose is the video card. I cant even be sure about the GTS, somehow the 640mb is slower than the 512mb............

Anyways my friend told he has heard some good things about Elite Group and pointed me at this card:
Newegg.com - ECS N8800GTS-512MX GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Its the cheapest 8800GTS on the egg right now, and other wise seems to be just like any other. Has any one had any experience with them? Is the card good to go or is it crap? And if so what should I get.

BTW, the rest of the components aren't pinned down yet, but it will be either a q6600 or an e8400, 2gbs Ballistics tracers and either a p35 or x38 to give you an idea of what this is going in.

I'm looking at maxing games like Cod4 out at the 1280x1024 mark since that is where my LCD maxes out, however I'll be upgrading that too in a few months so the card needs to be somewhat resolution proof.

wow it is getting cheaper before it was $170

GTS 512 uses G92 core while GTS 340/640 uses G80 core

G92 is cheaper for manufacturer, overclocks better, etc...

i havent heard anything of them falling. all 8800GTS are the same except the cooler so i think if they are warm u can get an aftermaket cooler for it

i think the 8800GTS is better

which ever card u want to go with both of them will play all games in high settings except Crysis

The 8800gts is better but he has the option of crossfire if he gets a HD3870 and a x38 motherboard.

i love my 8800gts, 250 fps on medium settings in cod4 (i play competitively so no need for top settings)

i love my 8800gts, 250 fps on medium settings in cod4 (i play competitively so no need for top settings)

what difference would playing competitively make if you get 250 with medium settings or 95 with the highest settings?
do you have a regul;ar server you play on?

what difference would playing competitively make if you get 250 with medium settings or 95 with the highest settings?
do you have a regul;ar server you play on?

95fps and 250 fps look no diffferent, and most monitors can only display 60-75. I wouldint turn my settings down to medium with an 8800gt or gts, thats just plain stupid.

as long as the fps is a steady 60+ then I have no problem. I take first all the time as well...it's a sin to turn details down in a game as purdy as CoD4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom