Looking for Graphics Card Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

goinsolo

Beta member
Hello

I'm pretty new to the world of computers and I was just wondering if anyone could help me in choosing a graphics card for my PC. It is an Asus PSL Vm 1394 motherboard, 2.80GHz processor (core 2 duo) 3gb ram, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit operating system. I needed a graphics card that could play recent games really well, like Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer etc. I have a budget of about $350. There is a built-in graphics card but it is useless for games.

I would really appreciate it if someone would give me a little push in the right direction.

Thank You:)

I think you meant P5L as there is no PSL. Anyways, it apprears to have one PCI-e x16 slot and supports DDR2 667MHz with a max of 4GB of memory.

For a good card well within that budget, you can get basically any 9600GT 512mb, 8800GT 512MB, or 8800GTS 512mb and all those cards will be able to play all those games you need at max settings. They range in price form $130 for the 9600GT to $250 for the 8800GTS 512mb. You could even get a 9800GTX for that price at around $300.

Mind you, though, the new cards will be out in just 13-14 more days, so you may want to hold off slightly to see how prices and performance are affected by the new releases.

What is your power supply? Today's graphics cards require extra juice to crank out all those pretty images. you may need to use some of that $350 for a new PSU to be able to feed the card. No sweat, though, as the cards SurgeVel mentioned are sub-$200.

BestBuy did have the VisionTek 3870 OC on sale for $129.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom