Upgrade CPU, Motherboard & RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have recommended it but I thought it was too pricey for such a low budget build... how did he fit that!

i was going to do the build in two parts. If any one can put a build together from centrecom.com.au for around $1100 or less i would be greatful for your opinion and ideas.

Now that was nasty. giving me that little nugget of info and then not giving me anything else. got any other info to share about the new releases, a link or two. what will it mean for prices.

They're probably referring to the GTX 260 and 280, among others. Prices will probably drop, according to an article at techspot:

"If these rumors prove true, hopefully the 8000 series cards will see a nice price drop once Nvidia switches focus."
- Nvidia GTX 260 and 280 specs revealed - TechSpot News
And also the ATI 4850 and 4870

the ATI cards will be cheaper and consume less power. It's too early to know how they'll all perform against each other though, but they will be significantly faster than current cards.

I take it that they have not set a release date yet then, although they've hinted that it will not be long until they are. Why do they like to tease so much?

Thanks for the link.

Basically Azmaril, there will be price drops and newer cards coming out. So its best to see these cards come out first before you should make a decision. Cause you might buy an 8800GT right now. Only to have the 4850 come out and outperform it by miles while around the same price. So like the other guy said, the two companies will be shifting focus from the older cards and onto the newer cards, which translates to price drops in the old cards as well. If anything, you might end out getting a nice 3850 or 8800 at a decent price if you wait.

Switch it for what exactly? and will it run games better than the core 2 duo?

Also can any one tell me what is the difference between the brands of Ram. I can get Corsair, Kingston and TeamElite but there is a huge price differnce. AND would it be better to get the 6400/800 or 5300/667 or go down to 2gb and get it in 8500/1066. What is the differnce?

Last thing, if i ended up getting the 8800gt would any one recommend Asus, Gigabyte or XFX. I am leaning towards Asus as there is a minor performance gain over the Gigabyte (i think) with no cost difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom