Artifacting, freezing while watching videos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ GRRRRRRR

why does my mouse pointer turn into a pixellified mess when this happen?

I see lots of jagged lines on my screen, colour distortion, messed up mouse, and lockups when i run firefox!

Its really getting on my nerves...i did not spend so much money on my pc to get that!

if worst comes to worst, ill just buy vista 64 like our german friend here ^^

;)

I'm not german! Heh, its just a reference to the VW commercials :D Oh wait, actually i just realized, i actually AM german. Heh, my mom told me over the weekend that her grandmother was actually full blooded german. Her OTHER grandmother was full blooded Polish, and her grandfather was 7/8 Indian. So i have 2 bloodlines that are alcoholics and 1 that cant hold it :p

Ah yes, the random thoughts of an IT guy waiting for the 5 o'clock buzzer to go off.

OK enough German talk! Hehe, well my computer just froze while trying to put videos together using Movie Maker.

A continuous beep was solid until I rebooted. I'm reading it means my CPU is overheating, but how can that be @ 120F?

I know it's not 120F, these issues just started recently. Another website it's MB failure or PSU failure. PSU failure seems better *prays*

Use a online PSU calculator. But 120F is still very high for a temp. Even under load i dont hit that with stock coolers.

Use tha calc to see if it has been over taxed. Also try a different PSU to be sure.

would a PSU be the source of that kind of problem?

If yes then i would surmise that the PSU is failing now... even though it was probably ok a while ago...

@ veedub:

w00t! im a telepath! muhahahaha

Hmm, the max temperature for a cpu should be around 149F. 120F is not that hot, according to this chart: Maximum CPU Temperature | Hardware Secrets my CPU's max temp is 65C which is 149F.

I have a 500 Watt FSP Group PSU, is there any way I can test the stability of it? I really don't have a couple hundred dollars to just throw out on this computer crap.. I have a JEEP, that's a lot more fun then computers. Less problems too.. kinda ;)

Thanks

How about I just end all this non sense and get rid of the 7900 gtx and upgrade to a 8800 gt like you guys recommended last time I posted about this? It's obviously dying if I'm seeing dots all over. And it craps out in games and anything video related. Perhaps it's something stupid, I can list it on ebay some fool will buy it.

I was getting a blue screen from my X-FI Sound card (second time this happened) so instead of messing with it, I sold it on Ebay and it worked for that person apparently.

Maybe AMD released a driver to make Nvidia act ******? ;)

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88PYDD4 GeForce 8800GT XXX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards I might get that. Anyone have good luck with XFX? Since I owned every other brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom