Going to be building a computer, need a few questions answered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on luck, you can get a lucky overclocker then its the best if its stable..

Some cores will clock higher than others.

It's sort of like the lottery, you can get lucky and get a card that will overclock really far, or you can get unlucky and get one that artifacts at anything past stock speeds.

Some cores will clock higher than others.

It's sort of like the lottery, you can get lucky and get a card that will overclock really far, or you can get unlucky and get one that artifacts at anything past stock speeds.

so are you saying that if i bought 2 of the same GPU's, one of them may overclock really far while the other can't? if not, can you link me to the 3870 that overclocks the highest? i don't want a 3870 x2 as they are 2 expensive right now and dont fit my budget.

Like I said before it's sheer luck. There is usually not any one card that will overclock more than another.

Now in my last posts I'm talking extremes, in all likelihood both cards will overclock a nice amount. You just can't count on it.

Like I said before it's sheer luck. There is usually not any one card that will overclock more than another.

Now in my last posts I'm talking extremes, in all likelihood both cards will overclock a nice amount. You just can't count on it.

so you have to get lucky with every GPU in order for it to oveclock really far?

Indeed, you can't expect to overclock everything to the exact same extremely high-speed as the first, you can't get selfish on it, usually overclocking depends on how lucky you are and the skills to overclock (as in you don't get selfish with that either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom