Connection question

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I was wondering if this was possible and fairly cheap to do? I want to put an s video splitter, the single end in my tv and one of the dual ends to my stereo and the other end into my computer so I will be able to watch a movie on my tv via DVD player connected to TV and a movie through PC via netflix instant movie option. My PC, has a vga jack and the TV is about 8 ft away from tv. I only have 1 vga connection on my video card so that would need to be shared by tv and monitor.

What cables / connectors would I need to do this?

TIA

If your PC Video card has a VGA Jack what good would it do with spliting a SVideo? You would need a SVideo connection on your PC Video card to output to the TV.

Plus SVideo is only video not sound. So why would you split it and run it to your stereo?

Hello,

Yah. Unfortunately, if your computer doesn't have S-Video out, then you can't do this. You can get VGA to S-Video adapters, however these will only work with graphics cards which support TV-out functionality through VGA.

If your graphics card were to have an S-Video output port, then it would be possible to use an S-Video Y cable to connect two video output devices to your TV. Alternatively, you could us a video switch with S-Video ports.

Ditto, not sure why you said stereo and later say DVD 24giovanni. Is it a stereo slash DVD player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom