$3000-4000 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I connect to the net??? Is there a network card I need or something? Forgive me I am zuber new, its just in all the builds and specs n stuff no one mentions a network card of some kind. And then there is the question what network card should i get??

If yer in the UK you wont be able to stepup as easily as we can. I'd just hold off a bit for the new cards.

Yeah prices here are crazy, but i figured its ok as I can give the 9800gtx that i get now, to my bro which will be a nice upgrade for him. Then I can nab a nice new card for myself. Happy bunnies all round, or is it still not a good idea?

Will memory speeds increase over the coming months to point where DDR3 is actually worth while?

Depends on the price. If theres only a 20-30 dollar difference in price between the 8800GTS512 and the 9800GTX, go with the 9800GTX, the extra bandwith from running the memory at 2400mhz helps with AA.

Hmmm its abit more then that over here,

BFG GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) = £211.49

BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) = ££176.24

They also sell a OCed version of the 9800:

755MHz Core, 1890MHz Shader, 512MB 2300MHz GDDR3 Memory, 128 Stream Processors, SLi Ready...

Is it hard to OC a GPU urself, and If I did (or just bought this version), would I need to start thinking about specific GPU cooling???

Yeah prices here are crazy, but i figured its ok as I can give the 9800gtx that i get now, to my bro which will be a nice upgrade for him. Then I can nab a nice new card for myself. Happy bunnies all round, or is it still not a good idea?

Will memory speeds increase over the coming months to point where DDR3 is actually worth while?

Want to be my brother :D

Want to be my brother :D

Aaahhhhh so sweet but no :). hehe. Yeah I figured I should do something nice for my bro his just finished finished a shed load of exams... and has something against spending money I think!!! I was going to get him a pz85 and ps3, but figured a graphics card would be cheaper and I could actually afford it.

Going to be placing my order for all equipment tomorrow... a lil worried about static so bought a wrist band with a crocodile clip attached so I can clip that to the case and keep myself earthed. The other thing I was wiery about was applying the thermal compound to the processor, parinoid about damaging it, and how thin is thin!!! They just say thin, 1mm 0.5mm less more... Anyone got a good tip on what to use to spread the compound or shall i just use an old library card (do I even have a library card?) or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom