I want a laptop that can play Crysis on high/very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellevendy

Baseband Member
Is it possible? Maybe for $1200-$1600?
The one i've been looking at is the Gateway P-172S-FX.
I've been told it could probably play Crysis on high.
It seems good to me...
But i'm no expert.
Opinions? Suggestions?

My $1800 laptop can't play Crysis on full Medium playable...it'll be quite hard to find a Crysis-capable laptop for that. Maybe an 8800M GT or GTS or GTX might be able to handle it, but anything less probably won't.

here are the P-172S FX specs:
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor2 T5750 (2.00GHz, 667MHz, 2MB L2 cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit) SP1
3072MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1-1024MB & 1-2048 MB module)
160GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive w/ 8MB cache5
8x Multi-Format Dual Layer Slot Load DVD-RW w/ DVD-RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800M GTS with 512MB of GDDR3 discrete video memory
Intel® PM965 Chipset
17.0" WXGA+ Ultrabright TFT Active Matrix (1440 x 900 max. resolution)
Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Web Cam
Integrated Realtek 802.11b/g Wireless Networking

I dont think it will still be able to do it. Even with the 8800M. You might luck out with high but you will probably run into heat issue fast.

My 8600M GS reaches 95 degrees Celsius at stock clock frequency just running Half Life 2 Deathmatch (when it's on a cooling pad!). The 8800M will probably get even hotter, and unless it's got dual fans or some really good cooling unit, it'll probably get hotter than mine.

lol, the title of this thread made me laugh, i would bet right now there isn't a laptop in the world that could play crysis on full high settings that hasn't been altered.

Not even a desktop can do it smoothly...

Unless you go with a decent desktop and use that Very High XP Hack

yeah. i know.... i know....
the deal is... i can use a computer pretty well, but i don't know much about them.
i play a TON of video games but 99% of them are on my xbox 360.
so i'm just starting to learn about computer gaming.
and honestly... people say "an xbox 360 or whatever console will only be as good as they made it and computer gaming is better... because with computers, you can upgrade stuff for new games all the time...."

well, an xbox 360 only costs $400. and you can play all the hundreds of xbox 360 games perfectly. (and most xbox games).
to play most computer games... you have to have at least a $1000 dollar computer... to play crysis you may have to have a $2000 maybe $3000 dollar computer unless you don't mind it looking crappy or freezing or whatever.

Look into a desktop, you build build a nice machine for $800. Computer gaming is a niche, some people dig on it. Others are content with a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom