New Ultimate Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thirdshiftdj, What case is that?

I was thinking about having a small SSD of 16GB to load Vista onto, and then have a 500GB that I already own for everything else- Would it be worth it?

Also I'm having a dilema between getting a Q6600 and QX9650 - I could afford the QX but don't want to be throwing money away if the performance increase would be minimal. I'm almost defeinatly gonna get water cooling so I'll be able to O'C the cpu quite a bit.

16gb wont hold vista. I have a 30gb partition for vista and its like 90% full. Plus for 300 bucks you can just buy a WD velociraptor and have -close- to the speed of a SSD with 5 times the space.

Extreme edition cpus are NOT worth the money. Either go with a q6600 or if the 9550 has dropped in price when you are actually looking to buy go with that. The extra money you save is better spent on a good watercooling loop or video card. A q6600 @3.6ghz is going to give you 99% of the performance of a qx9650.

Actually the Q6600 at 3.6ghz would outperform a QX9650 @ 3.0ghz (its stock speed) but probably by a little bit though because the q6600 is slower clock per clock, and has a smaller cache

Idk why

It just is, benchmarks say so apparently, ask maybe Maroon1 as the biggest fanboy of Intel he should know

SO you reckon with water cooling I could easily reach 3.6Ghz?

Most air coolers (decent ones)

I recommend the Xigmatek Rifle, and don't expect all chips to go to 3.6ghz, you could also get an unlucky overclocking Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom