can not reinstall XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcan

Baseband Member
Ok so I wanted to reinstall XP home. I get " setup did not find any hard disk drive"
I also had tryed a XP pro edition and it gives me the same thing. Is there a simple way around this?

Hello,

This is a very common problem. Do you have a SATA hard drive? If so, then it's likely because you have a SATA hard drive, and you need to install the SATA driver.

If you have a floppy disk drive, you need to get hold of the SATA driver, save it on a floppy disc, and install it when prompted to at the start of the setup process.

If you don't have a floppy disk drive to this this, it is possible to install Windows XP on a SATA hard drive without installing a SATA driver, by disabling 'SATA Native Mode' in the BIOS (nearly all BIOS' have this setting) to emulate PATA mode.

Of course, this means that you won't benefit from all the SATA features, but it is possible to install a SATA driver in Windows XP and then enable SATA native mode when Windows XP reboots to apply the changes.

If you don't have a floppy disk drive to this this, it is possible to install Windows XP on a SATA hard drive without installing a SATA driver, by disabling 'SATA Native Mode' in the BIOS (nearly all BIOS' have this setting) to emulate PATA mode.

What you said above sounds like it maybe the easy way. At this point I want simple. I have worked this for a solid week wiht no results.
I picked up a program called n lite and attemted a ISO way out. Ofr the most part i guess at these things. Can you teach me what you said above?

Hello,

Okay. Whether the option is available, where it is, and how it's worded will depend on the type of BIOS you have, but it is very likely that you have this option.

You'll need to go into your BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key when prompted right after you power-on your computer. Do a thorough look through all the options available for a 'SATA Native Mode' option, or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom