Can I overclock my P4 2.4 to 3ghz ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its a gateway... can I overclock it ???

if not in the bios, are there any decent programs I could use ? I'm just trying to hit 3.0 so I can play AoC :)

yeah its a gateway... can I overclock it ???

if not in the bios, are there any decent programs I could use ? I'm just trying to hit 3.0 so I can play AoC :)

Locked bios, no you cant. And you dont have to hit 3ghz because the game says so, that just whats recommended. The graphics card is way more important.

Radeon 9800? Dont even try to run the game, lol.

^ yeah... thats what I thought...

do you think there are any compatable ceap cards I could pick up just to get her running? and would it run "OK " on the lowest settings ????

This is the most powerful agp card on the market, but it will be bottlenecked by the p4 (needs a high clocked p4 with ht for best performance):
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100228L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

This card is weaker, (yet still way much better than a 9800) but wont be bottlenecked:
Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS AH2600PRO/HTDP/512M Radeon HD 2600PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card

Its your call

Newegg review for HD3850
Pros: Great card! Runs Age Of Conan! I needed a new AGP card due to the fact I'm still in the process of weighing my options on a new rig. I was curious about my old faithful rig and didn't want it to die yet! So now that I know I can run Age Of Conan I'm happy! I'm coming off of a Radeon AIW 9800pro and running the card on a stock 350w power supply but note that I do not have tons of stuff in my rig just 1HD,1 Dvd burner,1 soundcard, 3 fans. P4 HT 2.8ghz, and some old Asus mobo. The card runs great!!!

Cons: Fed-ex! The delivery person dropped off my card at a neighbors apartment I don't know who she is I've never seen her before! But she was kinda cute hopefully I'll see her more but yet I find it irritating that fed-ex would just give a package to anyone willing to sign for it and it's not the first time with fed-ex! UPS way better!

Other Thoughts: This card gave my rig new life until I can get the new rig. I needed a new card anyway as I have friends that still use AGP and they were curious as to what card they should get. So now I can happily tell them about this card! NewEgg Rocks! Fed-Ex S*%ks

so if I can get a program to overclock my CPU up to around 3.0 GHZ, and I pick up the hd2600 PRO for like 70 bucks...

do you think I'll be able to run AoC aceptably on low settings ???

ok cool... I'll pick up that HD2600 pro and see how she works.... considering its the same video card thats in my GFs brand new IMac 24'' .... It should play "OK"(on lowest settings) Right ??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom