Do I have a PCI Express 2.0 Slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya 2.0 is the new technology, but your motherboard will still be able to use that card, if anything just not to its full capability.

does the motherboard that I listed typically have this new technology? I would like to be sure I can run the card at full performance

No. Your motherboard probably does not have a 2.0 slot, but that is not necessary to run the card. All PCI-E x16 2.0 devices are backwards compatible with PCI-E x16 (1.0).

To give you a definite answer, you could tell us your exact motherboard model. You can use CPU-Z to show your system configuration and find out what type of motherboard you have exactly.

Ah yes, I am sorry. I should have provided you with the model number from the beginning, but I did not see it listed under CPU-Z.

It is 0YF432

Under mainboard it didn't list any of the following?
* Vendor, model and revision.
* BIOS model and date.
* Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
* Graphic interface.

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model : 0YF432 A00
Rev: C1
Bios: Dell inc. 1.1.3 07/31/2006
chipset: nvidia nforce 4 sli intel edition
southbridge: Nvidia nforce 590 SLI
LPCIO: SMSC

Graphic interface: PCI-Express
Link width: x16 Max supported: x16

thats everything I can get from it

Yep. It has two PCI-E x16 where the second lane would run at x1 or x4 in SLI. But neither is 2.0. Regardless, the card will still run fine in your system.

Ok, thank you very much for your help surgeVel, your advice is very helpful as usual ^^

The only boards that have pci-e 2.0 are x38 and above, and 750/780/790. For intel boards that is. But at this moment in time nothing actually uses the full 16x, that may change later this month when the new cards come out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom