Dell or imac

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctech2

Baseband Member
Just want to get a new computer for around $1000, I intend to get one from dell, their prices are quite good and I can choose the parts there according to my budget, the question is that my friend has told me a deal on the 20" iMac for $1080, seems quite good price. What should I get then, I use the desktop for movie, music, internet, word, photoshop, little games.

Games and Macs dot mix. So unless you know for sure that the games you do play work on the Mac you will be better off getting a Dell.

dooood why would you buy iether one? haha yeah and Games and laptops don't mix....period.

Who said anything about laptops?

Considering the activites you listed pctech2, if you're not a hardcore gamer and you're not going to play demanding games, then I don't see a problem with getting a 20" iMac, since the specs suffice. You could dual boot with windows to run Windows applications and games.

With that said, for around $1000 you could probably get a better system for gaming if it's an important requirement.

This is the laptop section of the forums....Gaming and laptops is OK, maybe not for Crysis, but for other games like the Source engine (Half Life 2/Deathmatch, Team Fortress 2, Portal, etc) or the older Quake 3 engine work very well on laptops.

As for Macs, they can function just like any PC using Boot Camp, but you'll have to purchase a separate copy of Vista to run your games on.

dooood why would you buy iether one? haha yeah and Games and laptops don't mix....period.

Games and laptops do mix. You just have to know the limits of your laptop to know what games it can play. Saying they don't mix period is such a incorrect statement. I play several games on my laptop. They run just as well as they do n my desktop. That is what Alvin is referring to. There is nothing wrong with gaming on a laptop at all if you know what you can run.

Period. ;)

Games and laptops do mix. You just have to know the limits of your laptop to know what games it can play. Saying they don't mix period is such a incorrect statement. I play several games on my laptop. They run just as well as they do n my desktop. That is what Alvin is referring to. There is nothing wrong with gaming on a laptop at all if you know what you can run.

Period. ;)

sorry I've just NEVER had any good luck with ANY laptop and the cutting edge graphicly intense games I usualy play... when for 3/4 the price you can get a MUCH better desktop....then spend the remaining money and buy an older laptop just to surf with and travel around and stuff :)

Well that is because you are playing the most up to date games. Steam games run really well on laptops with even the most basic of configs. You can not expect to play Crysis or Assassins Creed on just any laptop you would need a high end gaming laptop for that.

That is the issue. You are talking about a totally different type of game. You are talking abou tthe biggest and baddest. When not everyone plays those types of games. Not everyone has a need to play Crysis or anything like that on their laptop.

You have to remember not everyone is a hard core gamer. Some aer just casual gamers that use Steam and even moderate laptops can run those games. ;)

I would say Dell defiantly, all the apple computers I have used have been completely garbage and has had lots of issues(used on for 2 years in middle school). And will Dell you get a lot more games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom