Some P4 and Celeron overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
so i got this computer from my dads work, and decided to put my old P4's to work. this is what i got

26ghzfrom2ghz.jpg

28.jpg

31celeron.jpg

4ghz.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiice dude

I'm just about to see if I can break 3.0 with my p4 2.4 :)

any tips ? I have never overclocked the CPU before, only the GPU...

how exactly do I go a bout modding voltages and whatnot in the bios ??

would it be easier to use a program ?

I would (and probably most everyone on the forum) advise you not to use a program, using the BIOS is always the best option. As for modding voltages and what not, there is usually a place in the BIOS under advanced options, you'll just have to look around and find it. Thanks for the compliment, ill try to break 4.3 and post some screenies :D

the only reason I would use the program is because I really have no idea what I'm doing.

I understand I have to simply raise the power going to each core. there are 4 of them on my P4 correct ? any rule of thumb to start ? Don't go more than 15% on each one ?

do I just modify the voltage to each core, and thats it ? do I have to raise fan speed or mess with anything else ??

I'm gona restart and see if I can even figure out how to get to the bios options to do this now :)

first off, there is only one core on P4's lol. and you dont want to increase voltage unless you have too (if its not stable/crashes). Before i can answer many more of your questions, what motherboard do you have?

yeah it is...

If my bios is locked... is there another version I can reflash it with ???

or am I stuck using a program to overclock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom