Radeon 2600 PRO issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Ok so today I got my Radeon HD 2600 PRO from UPS. I installed it and the software and for some reason the software has slowed my computer down a lot... When I right click on the desktop it takes up to 1 min. for the menu to appear. And also their is no sound anymore for some reason... my motherboard is asus p4p800-e.

Can anyone help?

*note* I used the hotfix... seems to have helped a little bit.

Did you remove the previous drivers? Sounds like a driver conflict to me.

nope, I will do it right now though

But why is their no sound... video cards dont do sound last time I checked.

I've heard that possibly sound can get confused since newer cards support sound and video output through hdmi, or via dvi w/ an hdmi adapter. Try going to control panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Audio Tab and checking what the default playback devices are set to. Change them to your sound card if they're set to something else.

And if you're not already, use the Catalyst drivers from ATI's website, not the software that came on the CD with your card. That stuff's usually full of bloatware and extras as well as being outdated.

Thanks, that fixed the problem the card did come with a DVI to HDMI adapter and that is probibly why.

Try going to control panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Audio Tab and checking what the default playback devices are set to. Change them to your sound card if they're set to something else.

Good advice :)

Took me a while to figure this out when we installed my father in-laws 2600pro,Never had to deal with sound from a vid card before and it stumped me for a good while :eek: :p

Is there anything that I should change in the BIOS for the video card to improve preformence?

how is the card running? are you gona play any graphicly intense games on her ?

Just curious cuz I want to know how my GF's Imac with the 2600 PRO will perform :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom