$3000-4000 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe I like the way this thread is going... 3000-4000 is too much, oh you should look at this maybe... Now its pff why go for that blow a lil more why dont you :D. And I like ur thinking!!!

Dude said something about next big shake up with DDR3, is this gonna be soon??

When we talking its gonna get hot hot, will it be past the capabilities of Air cooling hot?? Racking out more questions again :) and thanks for knocking em down so quickly as well.

Ahhh pie to the face...pure comedy :D

I just listed out a build for 1500 bucks that includes everything for the tower that basically cant be beat atm.

2 evga 9800GTX = 600 bucks (can step up if needed)
Evga 750i FTW = 190
Q6600 G0 = 200
Corsair 750tx = 130ish (depends on deal going)
4gb OCZ DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 = 90
WD 640gb AAKS = 100 bucks
Vista home premium 64 = 100 bucks
Case of choice = 100-200
Good air cooler = 40-80 depending on choice
--------------------------------------------

This is around 1500 after shipping and any addins, and is effectively -the- strongest rig you can buy at this moment in time.

And before anyone chimes in about Quad SLI or TRI sli, the extra performance is very minimal. I know, i have already had quad sli and it just doesnt scale for crap.

What i posted in the other thread.

kewl thanks veedubfreak, will probly cost me a tun more over here in the UK but still should be within my budget. Whats a relatively cheap card that would handle AoC well until the new cards come out?? Which I could then stick into my bros comp after.

Would you say its not worth bothering with raid 0??? And where do you get the software from that can impliment this?

Grrr I wish I could pick up the bargins from Inferno Deals but im stuck in the UK :(, so the best place I can see atm to purchase these goods is Overclockers UK

When you say good air cooler, do most cases come without fans on??? LOL more of my 101 noobie questions :). Thanks again for the help though.

Right so heres what im upto now With my computer build:

Mobo = 750i ftw
CPU = Q6600
Memory = OCZ 2x2gb PC2-6400C5 800MHz
HD = Velociraptor x 2 The name alone sold it to me cant find a release date on this one though :(, so might find two of its small 150gb bros.

PSU = Corsair 750tx
Vista HP 64bit
Case = Antec nine hundred
Going to pick up a nice 22" samsung monitor from work.

Now what am I missing???

Is a CPU cooler like Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
needed? and if so to attach it will I need to buy a cooling compound Mx2.

In terms of other cooling methods, the case has 4 fans attached, will that surfice?? (my spelling sucks, I wonder if I got that right...)

The stock cables and interconnects that come as standard with these products, are they of sufficient quality?? I know the intercons that come with most Hi-fis suck like ****, especially marantz I dont even know why they bother.

I think that covers all bases and is more then enough for me atm, as u guess I go abit crazy and wanna make sure everything is 100% correct before I do anything... just my nature I suppose. Thanks again for all the help and putting up with my many many questions.

Some more questions >.<... I was looking at the 9800gtx, all of that range they have DDR3 by it... I was reading an artical earlier saying that DDR3 not compatible with DDR2 pin sockets, and I dont think the 750i is universal between the two like the p5k (think that was the one)... But the aritical was refering to memory not GPU, so would this card still be otay to use with the 750i ftw Mobo???

hrmm.. that sucks velociraptors are already out over here.. seems the UK gets all compy hardware last

go with Veedub's idea and pick up 2 9800gtx's or even 1 9800gx2

hrmm.. that sucks velociraptors are already out over here.. seems the UK gets all compy hardware last

go with Veedub's idea and pick up 2 9800gtx's or even 1 9800gx2

and amps, speakers, screens, movies and even chocolate bars we get them last and more expensive :(. Sounds like a good idea, Ill go with the 1 x 9800, as i want to see what the new boards are like.

And im also thinking of going with the qx9450 CPU instead.

Do i need the aditional CPU cooling for this build if im only going to clock to 3.2 to 3.4???

for a q9450.. i don't think you need anything expensive.. those seem to oc like champs

i can't remember if its multi was 8.5 or 9 though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom