Problems with CPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixelator

Beta member
Hey all of you computer lovers,

I am quite good with computers. But today, an issue that I dont have an answer to came up. (Ok, im about to post a long story, so be ready)

One of my computers is a Gateway GM5485H. Today, I decided to open it up to clean it, and look at my RAM sticks for no adequate reason :freak: . After that, I tryed booting it up, and it beeped and bla bla bla.... I fixed this by chating with a Gateway Techie. Now it works fine, exept....

.....one of my problems is yet to be fixed: since the cleaning, the fan on my CPU heatsink as been turning at a GAZILION RPM. This is causing it to make a lot of noise, so much that I can ear it clearly from a room away. Now, the Gate Guy told me that he would send me a shipping label so I can send it to them and they would fix it.

Here where all you guys come in: If I dont have to send it over to them, I wont. That is why I am asking YOU to help me. Do you have any possible solutions to my problem?

Thanks for reading.

fan menu?
a little over half way down there are fan speeds that say speed01,02,ect try setting the speed of your CPU lower not to slow tho

Hello,

When you cleaned the inside of you computer, did you remove the heatsink from the CPU? And if so, did you clean the existing thermal interface material from both the CPU core and surface of the heatsink, and apply a new layer before re-assembling it?

Does the fan spin continuously at full RPM from the moment you turn it on, and what are your system temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom