Windows XP home administrator account

Status
Not open for further replies.
throw away xp home.. sorry.. had to be said..

I do like XP pro, have never had trouble with it.. aside from the usual M$ shit.

Ok. I was actually about to post this question before, and suddenly I saw it. I would like to do this as well, even though I already have an administrator level account. Interestingly enough, though my account name is otherwise, the directory in "Documents and Settings", and the computer management properties have it as "Owner". This essentially meant that I never saw the "Administrator" in the logon when I first got my computer. It's only in safe mode.

Dang it, XP Pro is expensive to just go out and BUY to replace my home edition that CAME with my computer. (if building laptops without a factory was feasable, I would never have bought through dell or another such manufacturer, and I would have CHOSEN my own OS).

Come on...there must be a registry tweak for this...SOMEWHERE out there............

Yup, a large number of different ways.

I have to say this too, Go with XP Pro.
XP pro is just a pimped up version of windows ME.

Anyway, if u want real Operating systems, go with Linux (mandrake distro is cool)

XP Pro is almost entirely different than WIN ME..

XP Pro is just like 2000 on roids.. They even share the same kernel with a few tweaks.

If I'm not Mistaken, XP Home also shares the Windows 2000 Kernel. Sure its not as powerful as pro, but it's still better than 98

XP Home shares the 2000 basic kernel only because XP home is the non-network OS version of XP Pro.. However WIN2000 and WIN ME are completely different in most respects.

WinME was a complete dud. It had many problems. It wasn't good for much more then a fast boot (still faster then any other windows) and some multimedia stuff.

I think they just made it to release something for home users at the time of the millenium...after all that was the time of MacOS X's release.

Both XP's are based on the 2000 kernal, however I think they removed features and system management abilities off the home edition to make it what Microsoft thought they could sell off for none business systems. They should really just have two windows systems out: the regular (what is now pro...just scratch off the home) and the server. Right now they've got home, pro, and server...and home is junk, and for a server you should just use Linux. Then again, you should ALWAYS use Linux for everything. :p . JUST SCRATCH OUT THE WHOLE WINDOWS OS. Sorry. I'm getting a bit carried away. I'll shut up now.

Linux is no doubt more powerful than any Windows OS, however it does not have the gaming and overall following by software developement companies that it needs (IMO) to be used for EVERYTHING.

Hi all

while i'm searching for this prob.

i found this way
then i saw that i've to tell u about it

in command prompet
type
control userpasswords2

then play around

Regards
Mancy

Status
Not open for further replies.