Computer Shutting Down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulksmashhh

Beta member
Well, here's me problem. I've had my computer for about 4 months now and it hasn't given me problems, but for past 3 days, my computer has been totally shutting down when it loads multiple characters at once on the screen at the same time(World Of Warcraft).The game will run for about 3-5 minutes, then my computer will shut down. At first I thought it was my video card, but every other game I plays runs fine for hours without ever shutting down, games like Bioshock, and Warcraft 3. So then I opened up my computer to see if it was a dust issue, but everything was clean and the fans were free of dust. The the word overheating came up, so I ran World of Warcraft with my computer case open, and both cpu and video card were not overheating at all. Then some people said that my video card might be going bad, but its only 4 months old. These are my spec:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/29/2008, 17:01:23
Machine name: CHAOS-PC
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: NFORCE 680i LT SLI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 801MB used, 3533MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

I have a Geforce 7900GTX , and a Antec NEOPOWER 550 550W ATX12V V2.2 80mm Fan power supply.

Like I said i have been running these specs for 4 months without any problems, this just started happening all of a sudden.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

Does it shut down with the shutdown dialogue, restart, or just turn off instantly?

Hello,

Does it shut down with the shutdown dialogue, restart, or just turn off instantly?

Hi,

The computer just shuts off instantly, I have the press the power button to turn it back on. The it gives me the option for safe mode, etc..

Power supply or temps IMO.

What are your temps?

Tried removing your overclock and run on stock for a while to check stability?

Power supply or temps IMO.

What are your temps?

Tried removing your overclock and run on stock for a while to check stability?

Well according to Everest ultra, the temps on my CPU are 88c/90c. Haven't tried removing overclock yet, but ill try it. I have a Zalman with thermal paste, I figure that should be keeping it cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom