Help me find a 22" widescreen low $200's price range - Good quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
see the one I suggestion is in fact 5000:1 contrast Ratio as the others are Dynamic Contrast of 20000:1 but only have 1000:1 CR.

I just got back from Bestbuy, and discovered that they have Hannspree - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - HF-229HPB on sale for $239.00. I would be able to pick this up in person so no shipping costs.

If I understand correctly, this is an HDMI LCd screen that is capable of being hooked up to a computer, or to another HD component as well such as a Bluray player, PS3, Xbox 360, etc. Am I correct in this? My main use for it would be as a computer screen but the capability to hook up another unit to it would be nice as well. Also comes with build in speakers, but I have a Bose theater system that I use for my computer.

From viewing it in person, it looked to have a very clear picture.
The aspect ratio is 16:10 (standard is 16:9?) I don't know how much this would affect an image being distorted, if at all.

*300 cd/m² brightness
*1000:1 (3000:1 dynamic) contrast ratio
(how do these specs hold up to some of the other low $200 monitors on the market)

Included is: D-sub cable, power cord, audio cable and software CD-ROM. Would this provide me with all of the necesarry hookups if I wanted to hook my Xbox 360 straight up to the monitor (providing I have the HD hookups that come with the xbox itself)

This seems like a very good deal, and I just want to make sure I am not missing something. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom