upgrade for new games

Status
Not open for further replies.

triXsta

Baseband Member
well i play cs competively and having 100 fps in this game is very important since lower fps will affect your shooting.with cs:source coming out i think i might need an upgrade if i want the same performance.

my specs are
amd athlon xp 3000+
radeon 9600xt
512 mb dual chann ram

i am not amazing with computers but i know stuff about them,i was wondering if having a gig of ram will help at all even if u arent using over 512 mb of ram?im saying if i only use 400 mb of ram will having a gig of ram still be faster than 512?also i dont think my vid card is good enough for source.i was thinking of getting a x800 xt plat edition for my next upgrade.

i was playing source beta at my lan center and the specs of the pcs there are 5600s 256 mb vid cars,athlon xp 2800s+,and 512 dual channel ram and i was running beta with lowest in game settings and 800x600 resolution and only getting an average of maybe 40 fps!!!!!!this is why i think i need to upgrade my video card or maybe ram

sorry i dont have any answers for u, but was wondering.. wat is counter strike Source? i know wat counter strike is, but never played it.

wat is source, and why does it take up so much resources? is it just a blowded mod?

well trix i think that setup will do fine, but if you really want to have a good comp then go the way you are thinking (x800) or a 6800. They will serve you up some good gaming.

source is the counterstrike for hl2...much better graphics and new models,maps,etc and better physics

Well, A X800 XT PE, will probably be all you need for CS:S to have awesome FPS, but adding another 512mb of RAM wouldn't hurt:confused:

What kind of RAM do you have now?

triXsta said:
its corsair pc3200 dual channel 512 mb ram

So its 2x 256mb?:confused: If its one stick you could just buy another one exactly like it, which would save you some money, but if its 2x 256mb. you'll probably have to buy a new 2x 512mb pack, which run around $200, depending on which you choose:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom