Motherboard : How do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, retard here. How do I clear the CMOS again....is that the jumper thing or the battery thing...Sorry.
And yea, If my Everest is right the Bios update is from 6/15/05, think thats old. I dont know MoBos guys and like I said earlier, the only reason Ive ever went into bios was to rearrange boot priority. ("How has this guy ever built a computer?") I have spent a few long nights on the internet trouble shooting jumpers and settings and stuff but after that the knowledge left with the problem.
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I do remember now (trying) updating the bios when I was trying to get the integrated sound working.....still doesnt work and what irritates me is that yellow "?" when I go into device manager....Im sure its probabl jumpers too....but pfffs...who knows.

there is two ways to clear cmos, 1 is the jumper (you will have to look in your boards manual) or just remove the battery from the board.

I pulled the battery for like 45 seconds (is that long enough?) still says the same thing "Unknown Flash Type"
Think maybe it doesnt recognize it because its too old, or is that dumb?

bios.bmp

If it's onboard it should be fine as long as its supported by the BIOS, have you got the latest flash from there webpage?

Go an download the newer drivers an see if that works, if not BIOS flash time again.

:eek:
Its a madhouse! Could you possibly look this over and let me know what I should DL?
I really appreciate your help Saxon!
ECS Web Site

Thats my board page.

EDIT: No hurry on that though man, Im a little upset and need to take a nap for a bit. Kinda feeling sick. BBL. thx.

Download BIOS version 1.1b that is the newest version. If that dose not work I will look into it some more.

The newest BIOS for it is dated 9-29-2005. I would use their Flash BIOS utility if it were me doing it.

Ok so there are two DLs there. Im going to DL BIOS 1.1b from the "download" line and then DL the flash utility from the "Flash Utility Line" to install the BIOS download? or just DL the flash utility and the bios will be in that file?
Also the instructions,

How to use WinFlash Utility

were obviously written by someone with broken english. Theyre confusing. Especailly since steps 1 and 2 show one box (on the left) checked and step 3 shows all the boxes checked and none of this gets explained. Then step 4 has only two boxes checked. And then (LOL) step 5 has only one box checked and the whole utility interface has changed color and style.

Just tell me Im not going to mess anything up here and I'll just dive in and figure it out on the fly. I dont exactly have a low I.Q. but Id hate to do something that cant be undone. LOL
But remember I have said that Ive never even really looked at my BIOS before so this might be a cakewalk for you guys (your probably like, WTF, jees LOL) but Im going to be walking around in the dark with no flashlight here. scared!

So Im going to open this utility, - (check)clear the cmos, - load the BIOS file I downloaded before (?) or there will be one in the utility(?) - then what? I get lost at that point. Im not sure what boxes are going to be checked and I dont quite understand the explanation of the options here.
Sorry guys.....:eek:

Download the Flash Utility and unzip it. It has everything in it

Run WinFlash. File > Update BIOS > select the BIOS you downloaded. When the Update System BIOS dialog displays, click the Update button.

[I got the info from the Help file in the WinFlash program included in the Flash Utility download.]

So I am going to download both of these files and load the upper one with the flash utility? Because I tried it without the upper file and when I clicked open It went to my desktop (where I unziped the FU) and I didnt see anything to load.

bios002.jpg

Ofcourse, Im not completely sure Im doing it right, but I click "update all" and load the bios file "75A2916" bin file and click "Update" and I get "flash file erase failure!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom