so just HOW good are the new video cards going to be ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
all repends I guess. Some can re-sell their card on ebay or to someone local and get another one that way.
Step up is just simpler. You don't have to go through the time and trouble of getting the price you want/need out of the card. Especially since the re-sale value drops as soon as you throw it in your computer. Not to mention you lose even more value if there are price cuts within that 3 months. Which is very likely at the rate things have been going.
And I'd pay the extra for EVGA just because their customer service is amazing. Best i've ever dealt with.

It will be ATI RV770 (4870's) and R700 (4870 X2's) vs Nvidia GT200 (GTX 260 and GTX 280)

They might be twice as fast as current cards. but we haven't got any genuine benchmarks to show how they perform

twice as fast I doubt it. I read rumors stating 50% increase.

so in reality its probably going to be like 25%. XD

Oh well I just hope 1 performs on par with a gx2 and runs cooler. This card is killing me. 105c, open case (106-107 closed case), stock clocks, 100% fan, ambient 20c. figure that out. ; ;

40 degree difference between gpu cores too >.>

My 9800gx2 can't even handle age of conan.

so yes. things are only going to get worse.

if you're the type who doesnt care about using top settings and the highest resolution your monitor can handle, then no you wont need to. I've spent a small fortune on this pc and monitor so i'd like to be able to get the most out of whatever I play. things get demanding at 1920x1200. heaven forbid I save up and buy a 30" for 2560x1600 XD

Depends what you want to do. For most people. No. For people like me, yes.

Then there is something terribly wrong with your system man. I run a A8N-SLI / X2-4400 / 2Gb OCZ Gold / 1x MSI 8800 GTS (G92) 512 OC on a Dell 2408 WFP @ 1920 and I have almost everything turned up in AoC and it runs fine. Heck, everything runs well except NWN2 with some of the shadow effects, but disasble point shadows and a couple of things in that and it's OK and looks good. World in Conflict, which is a good indicator, never drops below 25fps (with the big explosions), and I have almost everything maxxed out there too. :S

Has anyone seen this graph? LOL! Absolutely hilarious!

A percentage based graph with a non zeroed scale, the OLDEST trick in the book to warp statistics!!

gtx200-series-performance.jpg

Nvidia's marketing team have a history of being less than honest
and they don't even show what settings, drivers or anything are being used....

they could have cranked it up to 16X AA or something (which is something the R600/RV670 GPU's aren't particularly good at)

So does Intel, maybe thats the reason why they aren't giving nVidia SLI capabilities in their boards

but that is one screwed up graph... and even more screwy is how the HD3870X2 didn't even move a spec... I call BS on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom