richfish57

ThermalTake CASE SHARK VA7000BWA BLK
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.40 GHZ) G0 1066FSB - 8 MB
ASUS SKT-775 P5K PREMIUM/WIFI S/L 1333FSB
4GB DDR2 PC-6400 800 MHZ (4 x 1 GB 800)
ASUS 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX PCI-E 2.0
HIPER POWER 880W Low Noise/SLI Ready
640 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 16MB
ASUS DVD±RW 20x DRW-2014L1T Black - LIGHTSCRIBE (SATA)
Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer 7.1
Fast 10/100 Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
ThermalTake Blue ORB II
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 32-BIT

Thats everything to do with my new pc. I know little of hardware so I decided to ask here to see what area this is in. I want it for gaming so I need to know how it will hold up to modern games.

I'm not used to these forums and a bit outdated when it comes to new rigs in the last 6 months but here's my two cents :

ASUS Mobo is a NO NO for me. It used to be a good company. My current Asus P5B which is no more than a year old need to be replaced. USB ports are ALL dead. After some searching, I realize its a known bug on those board. USB dyings... anyway it ****in sucks. Same problem was recently reported on some high-end ASUS boards... wtf is that.

Do you really need a top notch sound card and DVD writer? Save on those and get 2 HD instead. HD fails sometimes you know. Having 2 is not expensive and quite helpful. I also like having the OS on one and everything else on the other.

Is that Fast 10/100 Ethernet LAN an external card or just listed from your motherboard? Because your motherboard already has dual onboard gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Ethernet) by default so if that was an additional NIC, you don't need that.... unless you need 3 ethernet ports for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom