Age of Conan/Crysis - 8800 GTS vs. SLI 9600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayez

Baseband Member
What kinda performance do these 2 setup's give? I have heard that 9600 GT's are a very good card to run in SLI. How do they stack up against a single 8800 GT, GTS, or GTX?

I'm looking to run AoC on high settings with good fps (Crysis not so much, lol) at around 1680x1050.

well I cant compare to the 8800 series in sli but I did have a 9800gx2 with my setup until it bit the dirt and I had to rma it. So i went and decided to try the 9600gt's in sli. With the 9800gx2 I could max all setting and get about 30-40 in town and 60+ outside. With my 9600's believe it or not I am getting almost the exact same performance from the 9800gx2... Very happy with the 9600gt's if that helps. Also on 1920X1200 resolution

Around how much did you pay for both of your 9600 GT? Also, may I ask what brand you purchased because you seem to be happy with the product. :)

well when my 9800gx2 crapped on me I was so furious I went to best buy and bought the PNY brand for 199 95 a piece... just cause I was mad... If i wanted to wait I would have bought the EVGA 9600gt on new egg for a little less than 150 a piece and so that way I could use the step up program to prchase the new cards... very happy with them cuz they scale so well in sli

You could get 9600GT SLI for 240$ after MIR.

they almost as fast as the 9800GX2 for less than half the price

ull get 90% increase in perfomance with another 9600GT which most nvidia cards get 40%

i think u should go with 9600GT SLI

I'm running Age of Conan on high settings with an 8800GS Superclocked.

I'm getting an average of 50 frames out in the plains and around 100 in dungeons and enclosed environments.

yea great cards.... like proto said, almost just as good performance with 9600's in sli compared to the 9800gx2.. take it from my experience had both... by the way when I get my 9800gx2 back from EVGA it will be going for sale. Which it will be brand new so its up for grabs in like 2 weeks.

yeah and save money on the new cards from NVIDIA or ATI or for upgrades in the future. the 9800GX2 is not worth it unless u have a Intel mobo but remember that u can go with 3870X2 which is much more cheaper then the 9800GX2

It's a bit off topic, but could someone provide me with a link, or an explanation of what the "step up program" is?

the step up program is only through EVGA that allows you a 90 day window when you register a GPU on their website to allow the purchase of a newer or more expensive video card... They will give you the price you payed towards the purchase of another card and you pay the difference. There is more info on it at www.evga.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom