A comp problem PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumpy

Baseband Member
I am having this problem and its starting to get to me. i have built several computers and never had this happen to me. I have everything put together and then i tur nit on and it turns on for 2 seconds and then shuts of. Dose anyone know whats wrong?

Thanks

CON

could be faulty or under powered PSU, the memory or CPU may need reseating, may have bent CPU pins, also try and disconnect everything unessential (as in floppy, cdrom, etc). Just CPU, mem, vid and HDD.

that happened to me when i first built my comp. Now i have no idea why this worked but it did: I turned the FSB jumper settings on the board down to 100Mhz (instead of the 166 needed for my chip) and it loaded perfectly. then i reset and turned it back up to 166 and its worked perfectly ever since.

hope that helps

i had mine turn off like that cuz I had my cpu fan plugged in to the wrong plug on the mobo

yea, could be your fan or, if your heat sink is impropery seated. certain mobos will shut off after 3 seconds if heat sink isnt seated properly.

probably a heat issue. your mobo is sensing temps that would damage your cpu and shutting off to keep that from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom